Solution has two parts: h-bridge for driving motors, microcontroller
for decoding and mixing radio signals.
- Radio control receiver gives out pulses that are:
- low voltage (logic, 5V)
- low current (sequential HCMOS pins, 20mA)
- indifferently spaced (width is controlled, period is not)
- proportional to single joystick position (no mixing)
- Drive motors need:
- higher voltage (12V)
- high current (Mabuchi 550 draws tens of amps at stall)
- power delivered from -100% to 100%
- preferably two-axis mix (though two-stick tank-style also used)
This page works best with Lynx.
or go home.